The First Caribbean Digital Startup Accelerator: We accelerate 100 companies to market each year. Our 2-day accelerator program is open to all small businesses, startups, and freelancers connected to the Caribbean. Each application round is rolling admission until we select our top 100. We then select the top 10 companies from the applicant pool to pitch investors on demo day. The top 3 are announced the next day and proceed to get capital investment with our investor network.
The program has several components.
- Part 1 Startup Development: First is the accelerator program that includes intense startup development training followed by an online demo day for the top ten companies to pitch investors, press and global accelerator directors.
- Part 2 Mentorship: Once companies complete the program- they are given access to monthly startup development training with mentorship from successful Caribbean entrepreneurs.
- Part 3 Progress & Investment: Companies are given an opportunity to submit updates on their companies 2x per year to and pitch our investor network for capital.
Accelerator Program Dates:
- 2016 Batch: July 11-13, 2016
- 2017 Batch: October 2017
- 2018 Batch: TBA
- 2019 Batch: TBA
- 2020 Batch: TBA
The 3-Day Accelerator Agenda is as follows: (Summer 2016 Batch Date: July 11-13, 2016)
- Monday: 7pm-9pm EST
- 7-7:15 Leveraging the Caribbean startup ecosystem and positioning yourself as a Caribbean entrepreneur
- 7:15-8:00 Product development 101-Ideation, Beta Testing, Customer Acquisition
- 8-8:30 Customer development 101- How to get 10,000 users in 6 months
- 8:30-9:00 Email Marketing w/ Partner-Send Grid
- 9:00-9:30 Q/A
- Tuesday: 7pm-9pm EST
- 7-7:15 Recap
- 7:15-8:00 Fundraising 101- How to raise capital via crowdfunding, crowd equity, angel & VC investment and unconventional methods
- 8-8:30 Marketing 101- pitching, social media campaigns, press, and PR, event management
- 8:30-9:00 Guest Workshop- Psychology of Entrepreneurship by Einstein Ntim
- 9:00-9:30 Q/A
- Wednesday: 6pm-9pm EST
- 6:00-7:00pm Open online office hours- Q/A
- 7:00-7:30 How to avoid the top 99 mistakes of entrepreneurs.
- 7:30-9pm Online Demo day-Pitch to our investment/partner network (details TBA). We will host a virtual pitch off event for selected startups to connect with top investors, partners, and mentors.